Tuesday 4 February 2014

Hazel Cutting and Recycled Window Frames



I had an offer to go and cut some hazel not very far away, so Chris and I took the trailer and some tools over. Not the straightest hazel I've ever seen, but I hope it will be OK once trimmed and sorted





Got a trailer load......................................


Stacked it up till I get a chance to cut it.


This is the hazel cutting list, with lengths and diameters




Hazel is needed in a variety of lengths and thicknesses to pin through the bales, hold them securely in place on the stem wall and base plate and to prevent any lateral movement of the bales. More later!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also going on this month is my attempt to make some window frames. I have some lengths of wood from door frames removed from the house which I am using. It's good-quality wood, an exterior joinery grade.

Four sections for frame: 


Dovetails on both ends of uprights, cut with a jigsaw:




Not shown: glue, screws, mallet, a few chips to fill the gaps.









No comments:

Post a Comment